JOBS & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Senator Stewart-Cousins is committed to finding new and innovative ways of growing the economy in Westchester County and throughout New York State. She has been at the forefront of the State’s efforts to attract businesses and retain jobs and is committed to ensuring a living wage for working families.
• Senator Stewart-Cousins voted to direct funding to the Regional Economic Development Councils which have invested more than $100 million and created thousands of jobs in Westchester County since 2011.
• To foster the growth of manufacturing jobs, Senator Stewart-Cousins voted to eliminate the manufacturer’s tax
• Senator Stewart-Cousins has been recognized as a leading advocate for minority and women owned businesses. She has passed laws that level the playing field and create opportunities for firms owned by women and people of color to participate in State contracts.
• Senator Stewart-Cousins voted for tax credits for businesses who hire service disabled veterans, individuals with development disabilities and at-risk youth.
• Senator Stewart-Cousins led the fight to pass a $15/ hour minimum wage