ETHICS & CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM
The faith of New Yorkers in their government has been shaken by corruption. But Senator Stewart-Cousins has lead the charge to restore integrity and trust in Albany. She has created laws to strip corrupt public officials of their pensions to create stricter campaign finance contribution limits.
This year, under her leadership, the Senate Democratic Conference introduced a comprehensive package of ethics legislation that would transform the corrupt culture of Albany. The package included legislation that would:
- Close loopholes in the campaign finance laws that allow corporations and individuals to skirt campaign contribution limits.
- Penalize public servants who steer contracts or taxpayer funds to benefit themselves, their families, and/or business interests.
- Decrease campaign contribution limits for statewide candidates
- Cap special interest spending on political campaigns
- Require corporations to have a majority of their shareholders authorize political spending
- Women’s Issues: Equality Act & Paid Family Leave
- Jobs & Economic Development
- Ethics & Campaign Finance Reform
- Transforming the New New York Bridge